Living in Suicide's Shadow
LiSS Living in Suicides Shadow was created in 2020 as a peer-to-peer support group, as we felt that there was not enough support in West Wales for those bereaved by suicide. Here you can learn more about who we are and what we do.
What We Do
Breaking isolation whilst breaking the stigma of suicide
The group aims to reduce the loneliness and isolation felt by those who have been bereaved by suicide and provide a safe environment in which they can share their experiences and feelings without judgement.
Walks and activities
One of our goals is to ensure that those that have been bereaved by suicide have a chance to speak about their experience and the person they have lost. Sitting around a table is not for everybody so we are organising walks and activities in order for people to feel like they can take part and share when ready. Contact us to learn more.
Meeting up in West Wales
We aim to create a peer-to-peer support network so those bereaved by suicide know others who understand their pain and support each other, including signposting to available local services.
- Sun, 19 NovCarmarthenshire19 Nov, 11:00 – 11:05Carmarthenshire, Carmarthenshire, UK
- Multiple DatesSat, 20 JanPembrokeshire20 Jan 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Pembrokeshire, Pembrokeshire, UK
- Multiple DatesSun, 18 FebCeredigion18 Feb 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Ceredigion, Ceredigion, UK
- Multiple DatesSat, 16 MarCarmarthenshire16 Mar 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Carmarthenshire, Carmarthenshire, UK
- Multiple DatesSun, 21 AprPembrokeshire21 Apr 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Pembrokeshire, Pembrokeshire, UK
- Multiple DatesSat, 18 MayCeredigion18 May 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Ceredigion, Ceredigion, UK
- Multiple DatesSun, 16 JunCarmarthenshire16 Jun 2024, 11:00 – 11:05Carmarthenshire, Carmarthenshire, UK